bintulu community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bintulu community

for good community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Use Masks to Help Slow Spread

Go down 
+3
crimsonkel
vitkk007
montyashley
7 posters
AuthorMessage
montyashley

Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Empty
PostSubject: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 2:20 am

Is it true?https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2020/03/28/fabric-masks-are-unsuitable
Any recommendation on good facemask brand? Maybe I should few boxes since daily cases getting worse.
Back to top Go down
vitkk007

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 7:51 pm

This news is so old  lol!  , nowadays fabric mask are qualified to protect u from the virus la
Back to top Go down
crimsonkel

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 8:23 pm

Check the quality before buying it, it should have a minimum of three layers, most importantly wash it regularly, then it will be good to go cheers
Back to top Go down
alumalu

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 10:16 pm

Haiyaaa your old news cannot la~~ let me show you new version here's the link
https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2021/01/21/fabric-face-masks-just-as-good-as-surgical-ones-say-experts
You're welcome
Back to top Go down
nlgladiator

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 9:32 pm

crimsonkel wrote:
Check the quality before buying it, it should have a minimum of three layers, most importantly wash it regularly, then it will be good to go cheers  

should we wash it with soap or just water??
Back to top Go down
nlgladiator

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 9:33 pm

vitkk007 wrote:
This news is so old  lol!  , nowadays fabric mask are qualified to protect u from the virus la

no wonder so many people start wearing fabric mask but i still stick to my surgical mask
Back to top Go down
dreschan

dreschan

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 9:51 pm

Fabric mask can be an good option to surgical mask in long run economically. I normally buy it at pharmacy or drugstore like wastsoncoz more trusted.I just use Vicras Medic brand for reusable facemask,quite comfortable la.
This one https://www.watsons.com.my/reusable-extra-comfort-face-mask-adult-(white)-1s/p/BP_69906 .
But this one only got white color,if u want looks good then should try Empro 3ply colourful surgical facemask.

Last edited by dreschan on Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
crimsonkel

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 12:08 am

nlgladiator wrote:
crimsonkel wrote:

Better to wash it with soap/detergent ya and wash regularly, this is important many people always forgot to wash their mask and wash after few days
Back to top Go down
crimsonkel

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 12:09 am

nlgladiator wrote:
vitkk007 wrote:

no wonder so many people start wearing fabric mask but i still stick to my surgical mask

Yes yes cause it is more economical for long run but do check the fabric mask did they have 3 layers and their BFE&PFE value for safety
Back to top Go down
nlgladiator

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 9:19 pm

dreschan wrote:
Fabric mask can be an good option to surgical mask in long run economically. I normally buy it at pharmacy like wastson guardian for safety purpose.
I use Vicras Medic fabric mask checked with all the safety quality can buy

yes it is more environmental friendly im thinking to sew the mask by myself is it fine
Back to top Go down
nlgladiator

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 9:20 pm

crimsonkel wrote:
nlgladiator wrote:
crimsonkel wrote:

Better to wash it with soap/detergent ya and wash regularly, this is important many people always forgot to wash their mask and wash after few days

soap can kill bacteria i guess thats why we have to wash our hands regularly too with soap
Back to top Go down
aprilstucked

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 4:17 am

crimsonkel wrote:
nlgladiator wrote:
vitkk007 wrote:

Yes yes cause it is more economical for long run but do check the fabric mask did they have 3 layers and their BFE&PFE value for safety

What is BFE/PFE value? It that important? What I know is that try to buy from trustable source like watson guardian cause last time to many fraud
Back to top Go down
aprilstucked

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 4:19 am

dreschan wrote:
Fabric mask can be an good option to surgical mask in long run economically. I normally buy it at pharmacy like wastson guardian for safety purpose.

Agree I also only buy from watson cause i trust them as is a big brand so wont take in mask that are not qualify to prevent the spread of virus (actually also because i have the member hahahha)
Back to top Go down
crimsonkel

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 4:46 am

aprilstucked wrote:
crimsonkel wrote:
nlgladiator wrote:
vitkk007 wrote:

What is BFE/PFE value? It that important? What I know is that try to buy from trustable source like watson guardian cause last time to many fraud

Basically only masks with >95% measured by BPE & PEF considered as "medical/surgical" masks.

Other things to check is ASTM Level .Just simply look for ASTM Level 1, 2, or 3 on the face mask package. However, not all face masks are ASTM-rated, so it’s important to check before you choose.

It’s worth the effort to find face masks that based on the ASTM rating, to be sure you’re getting the proper level of protection.So before buying any, make sure to check this 2 values

Last edited by crimsonkel on Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nlgladiator

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 9:15 pm

aprilstucked wrote:
crimsonkel wrote:
nlgladiator wrote:
vitkk007 wrote:

even mask got fraud huhh the world is really twisted
Back to top Go down
nlgladiator

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 9:17 pm

aprilstucked wrote:
dreschan wrote:

Agree I also only buy from watson cause i trust them as is a big brand so wont take in mask that are not qualify to prevent the spread of virus (actually also because i have the member hahahha)

kinda paranoid want to go out when the daily case is very high. I prefer online shopping. somemore many stores are not allowed to operate.

Last edited by nlgladiator on Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aprilstucked

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 5:32 am

aprilstucked wrote:

Yes...for them money is more important...and some is that the mask is use for like normal flu but not qualified for this covid-19
so really need to be careful
Back to top Go down
aprilstucked

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 5:35 am

crimsonkel wrote:

Important to know about the BFE and PFE value when come to facemask quality.
Basically, only masks with >95% measured by BPE & PEF considered as "medical" masks.

BFE (Bacterial Filtration Efficiency): BFE measures how well the medical face mask filters out bacteria.
PFE (Particulate Filtration Efficiency):PFE measures how well a hospital mask filters sub-micron particles with the expectation that viruses will be filtered in a similar manner. (The size of the covid-19 is approximately 0.125 microns).

So before buying any, make sure to check this 2 values

Great info! Simple and clear thank you! Now have a clearer understanding will look at this 2 value before buying starting from now ~~
Back to top Go down
crimsonkel

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 7:03 am

nlgladiator wrote:
aprilstucked wrote:
dreschan wrote:

but im so lazy to go to watson so i just buy from agent i can cod easier and faster

You can shop online with watson tho... but btw as long as the mask is qualified to filter the virus (BFE&PFE>98%) but i personally will buy at watson cause no need wait for shipping
Back to top Go down
dreschan

dreschan

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 4:22 am

aprilstucked wrote:
aprilstucked wrote:

Yes...for them money is more important...and some is that the mask is use for like normal flu but not qualified for this covid-19
so really need to be careful

This is why before this some still argue that mask are the same la...
it is not tho just like not every mask are good when come to haze and for this covid-19 we need to check the BFE&PFE value
Back to top Go down
dreschan

dreschan

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 4:24 am

crimsonkel wrote:
nlgladiator wrote:
aprilstucked wrote:
dreschan wrote:

kinda paranoid want to go out when the daily case is very high. I prefer online shopping. somemore many stores are not allowed to operate.

You can shop online with watson tho... but btw as long as the mask is qualified to filter the virus (BFE&PFE>98%) but i personally will buy at watson cause no need wait for shipping
Understand that buy online is easier and cheaper sometime but do rmb to check all the info before buying if not it is wasting money as well and somemore cant protect you

Last edited by dreschan on Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dreschan

dreschan

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 4:26 am

back to the question is fabric mask can protect us from the virus, it is as what i said in my last reply as well as what others say that it need to have 3 layers ,filteration and etc2.
As I am using Vicras Medic reusable facemask,I aready checked and it is complied to all the safety requirement needed and it can be wash up to 30 times. So jimattt bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Use Masks to Help Slow Spread    Use Masks to Help Slow Spread  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Use Masks to Help Slow Spread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
bintulu community :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: